Adapted from a recipe by @clarkbar. One bright side of the colder weather is all the soup I’m going to make. Are you a soup lover? 🥣 ✌🏽🍁
1. Dice one large onion (red or white- I had red)
2. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot. Sautée onion until lightly browned.
3. Add 1 Tbsp tomato paste and one teaspoon each of cumin, garlic powder and chili powder, pinch s+p and sauté for a few more minutes.
4. Add 4 cups broth (vegetable broth or chicken broth), 2 cups water and 1 cup red lentils.
5. Take 1/2 of soup and place in blender and blitz. Add back to soup.
6. Add your favorite toppings, we added toasted pumpkin seeds, cilantro and sumac.