It’s peak plum season. I needed to make use of ripe plums and I’m glad I chose this. A clafoutis is a French dessert with whipped egg whites which make them light like a pancake or Dutch baby. Recipe inspired by an @ottolenghi recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Coat 1 large cast-iron skillet or mini cast-iron skillets (I used minis) with avocado oil.
3. Separate the egg whites from 3 eggs. Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form, then add 2 Tbsp honey and whisk again.
3. Whisk the 3 egg yolks with 2 Tbsp honey.
4. Stir into egg yolks, 1/2 cup flour (I used @bobsredmill gluten-free 1:1 flour), 2/3 cup milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla and a pinch of salt.
5. Gently fold in egg whites and pour into prepared skillets. Bake for 20 minutes or until starting to get golden brown. Then add sliced plums and bake for 5 more minutes.
Top with powdered sugar and enjoy