It was a gray and drizzly August🌧 day today and it reminded me of London and made me really achingly miss an English pub. I want an authentic pub here with a garden and games for kids and a fire where you’re welcome to stay all day. Sort of winged this chicken skillet dish and it reminded me of cozy British Sunday’s. Feel free to substitute the vegetables in this with what you have left in the fridge it is very versatile.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Coat a skillet with avocado oil.
3. Dry a pack of chicken thighs (skinless or skin-on, mine were skinless) and sprinkle with s+p on each side.
3. Sear chicken thighs in oil until browned on both sides.
4. Remove chicken from oil.
5. Deglaze the pan with a little red wine.
6. Add about a pound of fingerling potatoes and cook until lightly browned.
7. Add ~4 sliced carrots and let cook until lightly browned and caramelized, add a little more red wine if you need.
8. When carrots are browned, add a pint of halved cherry tomatoes, 3 minced garlic cloves and 1 Tbsp minced oregano.
9. Add to preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
10. Add chicken and vegetables to each plate.
11. Deglaze pan with juice from one lemon and additional red wine and top chicken with sauce.